Last updated 22nd November 2017
Treasurer Training 2017 resources
Following the treasurer training delivered by Diocesan staff in November 2017, please find below some links that may be of use:
- The PowerPoint handout from the day can be downloaded here
- The Course Notes from the day, including links to the various web pages and organisations mentioned over the course of the morning, can be downloaded here
- An Excel template that can be used to prepare Receipts and Payments Accounts, including the wording for the Independent Examiners Report, can be downloaded here
- Use these links to download forms for quarterly returns of Parochical fees for 2017 and 2018
- More information about Parish Share for 2018, including links to the Parish Share budget, a downloadable copy of the Parish Share Leaflet, and copies of some video clips can be found on this webpage here
- You can access the Church Of England Portal here and through that you can access Parish Resources, Parish Buying or Parish Returns . Don't forget that, as well as inputting your data to Parish Returns, you can access your Parish Data for the last few years in the form of charts and tables.
- From Parish Reources www.parishresources.org.uk/resources-for-treasurers you can access many useful documents and pages including:
- Appointing a new treasurer
- Getting Started - Resources for New Treasurers
- Accounting and reporting
- Gift Aid
- Funding Guides
- What every PCC member needs to know about finance
- Guides to employing people
- What to do with your restricted funds, including the procedures to follow to change these or spend the capital
- You can access the website for ACAT (Association of Church Accountants and Treasurers) here. It includes details of training courses which they run, as well as how to join and copies of their "Introductory Guide for New Treasurers." The 2018 training programme isn't available yet, but when it is, you will be able to book to attend training on different topices including their "Foundation Course for Church Treasurers".
- The website for DataDevelopments is here where you can download trial copies of their software and see their training dates.
- There is loads of advcie about legacies at www.churchlegacy.org.uk here, including information for PCC's, for those making their wills and thinking of leaving a gift, as well as some case studies. More help, including advice on legacy policies for PCCs can be found at www.parishresources.org.uk/legacies