Last updated 24th August 2020
Vision 2026: Growing Leaders
The Growing Leaders for Jesus Christ Vision 2026 theme has the four priorities listed below, with some questions for you to consider individually or as a church:
Supporting and equipping the current leadership for today's context
- Have your clergy participated in the Ministerial Development Review process?
- Do your licensed lay workers have up to date ministry agreements?
- Do your leadership attend diocesan and other training events?
Enabling missional leadership in every Christian community
- How many of your leadership team and congregation are confident in sharing their faith?
- Have you sought advice from the Parish Mission Support and/or Diocesan Evangelism Team in running missional events?
Liberating lay leadership for greater participation
- How many lay people are actively involved in leading services/activities in your church/parish?
- Do you have house/growth/cell groups that meet regularly and are lay led?
Creating the varied patterns of Sunday and weekday worship necessary to welcome all kinds of people, especially the newcomer
- Have you reviewed your service times recently?
- Have you considered holding services at times other than Sunday morning?